Super Nintendo Classic Edition Mini Review
The Super Nintendo Entertainment System Classic Edition Mini Universal Games Console is a throwback to the original gaming revolution.
The original NES made a splash in the homes of children (and adults) in the United States in 1985. Christmases were never better. While Atari was the first major home gaming console, it was the Nintendo Entertainment System that started the mainstream gaming craze across the country.
And for good reason.
It offered a revolutionary 8-Bit graphical resolution and game titles such as Super Mario Bros, Duck Hunt, Tetris, and so many more.
These games took the world by storm.
The Super Nintendo Entertainment System Classic Edition Mini
Fast-forward to today, right now, while you’re reading this. You can once again experience the excitement you felt in your youth – or – you can experience the classic games that started it all for the first time.
Because of high demand, Nintendo has released the Super Nintendo Entertainment System Classic Edition Mini Universal Games Console with 16-bit graphical resolution and controllers straight from the ‘90s.
This gaming console is a perfect throwback to the original, except it’s smaller, more compact, and with 16-bit graphics instead of 8. In today’s market, consoles seem to get bigger and bulkier because of the increased and more advanced hardware such as processors, Solid State Drives (SDD’s) or Hard Disk Drives (HDD’s), and more.
However, the SNES Mini offers all the power of the original; it loads, plays, and responds fast. Because of its graphical resolution, this throwback wonder offers the same gameplay you remember from the ’80s, but it’s not bloated down with hardware you simply don’t need to enjoy a fast-paced game of Super Mario Bros.
Simply put, if you are looking for a fun gaming console that isn’t weighed down with features you don’t need or want, and you want to relive the games that started it all, the Super Nintendo Entertainment System Classic Edition Mini is the gaming console for you.
A Return to True Multiplayer Action
The SNES Mini comes with two wired controllers straight out of the nineties, allowing for split-screen action just like the old days.
Instead of playing a game with someone around the world, users will experience the return of multiplayer action with an ally or foe sitting right next to them on the couch. Let the good times roll!
- Rewind: This all-extra feature lets players rewind the game up to a minute or more depending on the game’s last suspended point. Each game can save up to four suspension points.
- My Game Play Demo: The new demo mode replays saved Suspend Points as demo game footage instead of using built-in demos.
- Frame: Now you can wrap an outstanding border around your game with the brand-new Frame feature. Some frames change their color based on the game you are playing.
- The Super NES Classic Edition is also compatible with the Classic Nintendo Controller and Classic Nintendo Controller Pro, but these are accessories that are sold separately.
What's in the box
- Super Nintendo Entertainment System Mini
- AC Power Adapter
- Two Wired Controllers
- One HDMI cable
- One USB cable
- One User Manual
- Contra 3: The Alien Wars
- Donkey Kong Country
- Final Fantasy 3
- Kirby Super Star
- Kirby’s Dream Course
- The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past
- Mega Man X
- Secret of Mana
- Star Fox
- Star Fox 2
- Street Fighter 2 Turbo: Hyper Fighting
- Super Castlevania 4
- Super Ghouls ’n Ghosts
- Super Mario Kart
- Super Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars
- Super Mario World
- Super Metroid
- Super Punch-Out!
- Yoshi’s Island